Since there may be more than one person by the same name, it's a good idea to identify the customer by social security number. Assure confidentiality and ask for a prompt response.
1234, Main Street
Boston, MA 02123
<Recipient Address Goes Here>
<Name of customer>, <social security number>, has given us your name as a credit reference in <his/her> application for credit. In order to verify <his/her> employment could you please answer the following questions? All information will be treated confidentially. Thank you for your prompt response.
1. Is applicant currently employed by your company?____________________
Date started _________________
2. If NO to Question 1, please complete the following:
Date applicant left ___________________
Reason for leaving ___________________
3. Base salary ____________
(Check one: ___ per week ___ per month ___ per year)
Amount in commissions (in addition to base) __________
Amount of bonus (in addition to base) ____________
Overtime pay (in addition to base) ____________
4. Job title of applicant _________________________
5. What is the probability of the applicant remaining employed by your company?
(check one: ___ excellent ___ good ___ poor)
6. Other comments or observations ____________________________
Date of verification __________________________________
encl: <List of enclosed items goes here>